Following some posts about entrepreneurship and interviews, here goes another one about Mark Cuban. He got into lots of business since he was a teenager, and I just found this program on Bloomberg about this history.
Essa foi a seleção musical (#SomDoDia) da semana:
1/Maio – Nei Lisboa – A vida inteira
1/Maio – Nei Lisboa – Romance
2/Maio – Charlie Brown Jr – Céu Azul
3/Maio – Roy Orbison – I Drove All Night
4/Maio – The Outfield – Your love
Todos os dias, 20h55min, no http://facebook.com/danielwildt, rola o #SomDoDia. Todos os domingos, 21h30min, um resumo da semana com as músicas que foram indicadas.
Mark Cuban took the Dallas Mavericks to a new level. He is the Mavs owner since 2000. The team before him had like 40% win/loss percentage and from 2000 on, they improve a lot, going for almost 70% in regular season. Great numbers and one word for that: intensity.
Check his interview with Jason Calacanis, not on basketball, but into business and all related to the world of entrepreneurship.
One of the interviews I liked most are from DHH (David Heinemeier Hansson).
He was on the show back in 2011, great moment!
I was thinking about some goals. About what I want to achieve. The end of the year is approaching… so I guess it’s quite normal to start thinking about next year plans.
When I first saw this video, the impact was both the restless guy training and the sentence:
When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.
It shows that we need to keep focused on what we want to achieve.
Help you creating constraints, so you can stop and change direction faster. Evaluate your progress frequently.
Make it happen!
In order to start saying “I am …!“, we need first to ask a question. And it can be: “Who am I?“. Sometimes that question is a huge question. Then we can start with a different question like “How do I want to live?“. Just to think about a life style.
Or… maybe just think about your dreams.
When we start “downloading dreams” into real life, transforming them into projects, we start facing and struggling with reality. And it’s only our choice to keep moving and seeking for finishing those projects, or stop and learn. And with finishing, what we want is that “fulfillment feeling”.
But inside our brain, or our hearts, it’s our purpose.
My take is that everybody should think about purpose. You should be living your passion. Even if it’s not everybody’s passion.
About “Who am I?”. I don’t to know who you were, or who you want to be. We can start looking in a different perspective. Outside in.
Think of you as a product or service to help the world to become a better place. Ok?
Have you ever thought about that?
So start thinking about that. I can wait… :-)
Now, let’s answer questions like:
- Who do I help?
- How do I help?
- How people find me, and how do I deliver what I do?
- How do I interact with people?
- What do I get from that? What do I give?
- What do I do?
- What do I have?
- Who helps me?
Those are questions we usually answer when thinking about a business model and understanding a product/service, looking at a Business Model Canvas.
But in this case, the perspective is based on a Business Model You!
Think about you!
Build your purpose and think about how to transform who you are in what you do!
Find your way to wake up without the help of an alarm clock.
Find your peace.
Find your pace.
Find your place.
Happy 2013 to you.
1. Let’s Help It – Thank You Notifications
- Contact: Daniel Wildt
- Related Problem: Building an app to help people to find NGOs and engage with them. How to improve engagement?
- Solution Description: We are adding a new functionality inside Let’s Help It NGO management, where NGO managers will be able to send “thank you cards” for people who is helping the NGO.
- Code: https://github.com/thoughtworks/letshelp.it
2. CEA (Vila Pinto) Website
- Contact: Glauber Dutra Ramos and Rafael Lisboa
- Related Problem: This project is the website for Vila Pinto, one of the most needing area in Porto Alegre/RS – Brazil.
- Solution Description: They have a lot of initiatives to make their lifes better and one of their ideas is the Reclycling Center, what help a lot of families get money and help the local comunity to fight against the drug dealers and social injustice. You can figure out more information about Vila Pinto and the Reclycling Center watching a video from YouTube.
- Code: https://github.com/thoughtworks/vila-pinto-website